Saturday, November 12, 2011

6 Months!


Our little boy is six months old! It has gone by so fast and it's amazing how much he's grown and changed. As I read about friends who are in the first weeks and months of new motherhood I think back to when Emerson was a few weeks old. I loved cuddling with Emerson as he slept, giving him his first bath and waiting patiently for that first smile. I loved that time with my son and my husband. But even though there are times where I miss those quieter days, I am loving these busy and fun-filled days.

Emerson is a bundle of energy. He sits up on his own and pretty much has his balance figured out. He loves to play in his exersaucer and loves to "talk" to the animals on his saucer. Emerson's always been a noise maker and babbler but now his babbles are slowly sounding like words! He says 'mama' and 'dada,' although he usually says them when he's crying or upset and he doesn't quite put the name with the person yet. But I think he's figuring it out. He's been sleeping in his bassinet in his room (we tried to move him to his crib back in September but it didn't work out) but we finally moved him into his crib and this time it's been great! He is such a good sleeper. Our journey into solid foods continues and it gets better and better. We tried pears the other night and he couldn't get enough of them! We are having so much fun with our sweet boy! I leave you with photos of another Emerson first: playing in the leaves! He's not sure how he feels about them, but we did get a few smiles so it must have not been all bad. Enjoy!

Hi Mom!

I'm not so sure about this whole leaf thing...

I'm sorry I just have to say it. How cute is he?!

2 comments: