Saturday, December 4, 2010

Back in the Swing of Things

I'm so glad that Bryson has posted about some of the poems from the Concert he's conducting this coming week, otherwise there wouldn't have been a post for a long time. But I do have a reason why I've been absent to the blogging world.

I've been gaining some weight...okay quite a bit of weight....

Then pair that with my cravings for fruit popsicles, and cool ranch doritos and that can only mean one thing....We're pregnant!!!! That's right folks, in 5 months time there will be a new little Mortensen. :) We are so excited. I'm due the end of May and I'm about 16 weeks and feeling great! My aversions to food are mostly gone which is so nice, and I have energy again. Morning sickness wasn't terrible, mostly just nauseous days spent on the couch. My next doctor's appointment is at about 18 weeks and right before Christmas so there's a chance we might find out what we're having. If not we have to wait till we get home. But that's okay. We're just so excited to have this little one in our lives!!


Me at 16 weeks. I have realized that when you're short there's no where for the baby to go but out, so I started to show early.

17 comments:

  1. Yay! I've been waiting for this announcement in the blogsphere! It is lovely to see your lovely face. And I can't wait to see you at the end of the month for a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! That is so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That is wonderful. Sorry about your Beavers today btw :o). Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeehaw!! I love seeing your baby bump! Since we're both going to be in Utah for Christmas, I'll get to see it in person. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hooray!!!!! congrats whitney and bryson! bryson left a comment on my blog about christmas ideas and waiting to do some until kids come...And BOY!! that Christmas with kids will just be next year!!

    HOORAY! Congrats! can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! That's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! Congratulations! That is so exciting! That baby is going to be SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, mygosh! You're so CUTE pregnant!!! I LOVE YOU! And I miss you some'n fierce!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray! I was actually just thinking yesterday how you were doing because I hadn't seen a post in a while. Congratulations to you both! Cute baby is on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! We're very excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! The funny thing is that the baby is less than a pound right now...I'm 20 weeks and my doctor compared it to an avocado, 14 oz. Why do we look so pregnant if the baby is so small?

    ReplyDelete
  12. holy cow!!! congrats. way to keep a secret 16wks already! can't wait to hear more about the pregnancy and all the nesting that goes with it...just one thing at your next visit make sure there is just one baby.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hooray! congrats whitney!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Whitney and Bryson!!! I am so happy for you guys - can't wait to see more pics!!

    ReplyDelete